The First Overseas Talent Forum by Fujian Normal University 2018 Sincerely Invites the Talents of the World to Join Us
The First Overseas Talent Forum will be held by Fujian Normal University and take place from April 22 to April 25, 2018, aiming at building a platform for high-level academic communication for young talents from home and abroad. We sincerely invite talents from all over the world to our university for academic exchanges, site tour, and cooperation enhancement, in an effort to jointly promote the high-level construction of Fujian Normal University.
II. Professional Fields
Fields of humanities and social sciences: Pedagogics, Psychology, Economics, Science of Law, Philosophy, Marxist Theory, Political Science, Chinese Language and Literature, Cultural Industry, Chinese International Education, Foreign Language and Literature, Journalism and Communication, Chinese History, World History, Library and Archive Science, Public Management, Tourism Management, Sports, Music and Dance, Fine Arts, etc.
Fields of natural sciences: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Automation, Information and Communication Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Material Science, Environmental Science and Engineering, Geography, Ecology, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Food Science and Engineering, Phylaxiology and Immunology, Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Engineering, etc.
III. Date of the Forum and Registration Process
(I) Date of the Forum
The forum will be held from April 22 (Sunday) to April 25 (Wednesday), 2018 in Fuzhou. The specific arrangements are as follows:
Register on April 22
From April 23 to April 24, attend the main forum of the university, sub forums of colleges or disciplines, lecture reports, exchanges and visits, etc.
Leave on April 25
(II) Registration Process
2. Before March 15, 2018, please send the application form to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be "name - registration for the Overseas Talent Forum".
3. Before April 1, 2018, the university will send invitations to the invitees.
4. The invitees will fill in the receipt within one week of receiving the invitation letter and confirm whether they will participate.
IV. Registration Conditions and Treatment
(I) Registration Conditions (One of the Following Conditions)
1. The outstanding young talents from home and abroad, who have a doctoral degree from a well-known university both at home and abroad and have an overseas study or work experience of more than two years, have attained achievements in related fields and have a certain degree of academic influence and good development potential.
2. The scholars who are entitled or nearly entitled to apply for the state-level talent programs, like the Chang Jiang Scholar Program (young scholars), 1,000 Talents Plan (young talents), 10,000 Talents Plan for excellent young talents and candidates for the National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scholars (the above-mentioned contents are referred to as the “four young talents programs”), or the provincial and ministerial-level talent programs, like the “100 Talents Plan” of Fujian Province.
(II) Introducing Treatment
1. Government will provide scientific research funds of CNY 1 million–3 million and one-time subsidies of CNY 500,000 for the scholars who have been selected to the national 1,000 Talents Plan (young talents).
2. Fujian Province will provide living subsidies of CNY 1 million and working funds of CNY 1 million for the scholars who have been selected to the “100 Talents Plan” of Fujian Province (talents of the “1,000 Talents Plan (young talents)” will be selected automatically).
3. The university will provide:
(1) Annual salary of CNY 500,000–600,000, housing subsidies (including settling-in allowance) of ≥ CNY 2 million, and scientific research funds of ≥ CNY 4 million (for natural sciences) or ≥ CNY 1 million (for social sciences) for the scholars who have been selected to the “four young talents programs”.
(2) Annual salary of CNY 300,000–400,000, housing subsidies (including settling-in allowance) of ≥ CNY 1 million, and scientific research funds of ≥ CNY 2 million (for natural sciences) or ≥ CNY 500,000 (for social sciences) for the scholars who have passed the assessment defense for the national “four young talents programs”, but not been selected and the scholars who have been selected to the “100 Talents Plan” of Fujian Province.
(3) The scholars, who are not selected to the related talent programs, can be introduced in accordance with the introducing policies of the university (“Baochen Plan” – the planning program for supporting middle-aged and young talents) or the method “one policy for one person” after mutual negotiation between the university and the scholar.
The above funds do not include the achievement award of teaching research of the university. According to the actual situation, priority shall be given for evaluation and employment of professional titles for the professional skills, selection of doctoral advisors and jobs of their spouses, and their children can attend the Affiliated Primary School, the Affiliated High School, and Affiliated Kindergarten of Fujian Normal University in accordance with policies.
V. Accommodation and Transportation
The sponsor will arrange accommodation uniformly (for free); and the foreign talents who are invited to the forum shall book airline tickets by themselves, and the sponsor will provide the transportation fee for the scholars to attend the forum with complete reimbursement in line with economy class.
The scholars, who are invited to present the academic reports during the forum, will be paid by the university accordingly.
VI. Contact Information
Contact information of the Personnel Department and Office of the High-level Talents of Fujian Normal University:
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Mr. Le and Mr. Chen
Address: Qishan Campus of Fujian Normal University, No. 1 Keji Road, College Town, Fuzhou City, Fujian Province
VII. University Overview
The University is located in Fuzhou, a famous historic and cultural city that has been honored as “Coastal City of Flourishing Culture”. It is a renowned century-old provincial higher education institute with a long history. The university originated from Fujian Excellence Normal Academy founded by the Royal Preceptor of Qing Dynasty Chen Baochen in 1907. It is a higher education institute co-constructed by the Ministry of Education and Fujian Province. In 2014, it was endorsed as a Key High-Level University of Fujian Province; in 2017, it was endorsed into aspiring “National First-Class Universities” of Fujian Province. Currently, FNU is ranked among the top 80 Chinese higher education institutes and among the top 350 QS Asian universities in terms of its overall strength. FNU has a total of 26 disciplines on the list in the Fourth-Round National University Discipline Assessment organized by the Ministry of Education, including 3 A-class disciplines and 12 B-class disciplines, ranking 45th among national universities in terms of the number of A-class disciplines.
FNU has two main campuses: Qishan Campus and Cangshan Campus, covering a total area of about 4,000 mu. Currently, the university has 83 undergraduate programs (76 programs enrolled students in 2017), 23,513 full-time general undergraduates, and 7,420 graduate students. The main campus has more than 1,700 full-time teachers. FNU is dedicated to building a discipline system comprising first-class liberal arts, high-level sciences and featuring engineering discipline, having basically formed the discipline layout of a comprehensive university that covers 11 disciplines including literature, history, philosophy, science, engineering, teaching, economics, law, management, agriculture and art. The university has 1 national key discipline, 3 innovation platforms (including those under construction) of provincial university leading disciplines, 9 provincial key featured disciplines, 26 provincial key disciplines, 19 moving post-doctoral research stations, 19 first-grade disciplines entitled to granting doctorates, 37 first-grade disciplines entitled to granting master’s degrees and 13 locations entitled to granting master’s professional degrees. FNU has affiliated kindergartens and primary and middle schools, which are all provincial demonstration schools that play a leading and exemplary role in the basic education sector of Fuzhou City and even Fujian Province.
The university has been vigorously implementing the “Talents Empowering University” strategy, offering preferential treatment to introduced excellent domestic and overseas talents. We extend a warm welcome to excellent domestic and overseas talents who join us to create a beautiful tomorrow for FNU!