Faculty and Post-doctoral Positions in School of Medicine and Health: Harbin, China
HARBIN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Harbin Institute of Technology (abbreviated as HIT) was established in 1920. Together with Weihai (Shandong Province) campus and Shenzhen (Guangdong Province) campus, HIT forms the pattern of “One University, Three Campuses”. HIT is a research university and a member of China’s elite C9 League. HIT was among the first batch of universities selected into Project 211 and Project 985. In 2017, HIT was first selected by Chinese Ministry of Education as a “Class A Double-First Class University”. HIT is ranked 4th in the Best Global Universities for Engineering by U.S. News in 2021.
Standing on the beginning of its 100th anniversary, HIT is accelerating the development of New Medicine, Health Science and Medical Engineering, and striving to open up the road to excellence in a new century.
Built upon the advantage of engineering development over the past 100 years and oriented by the concept of New Medicine, the School of Medicine and Health, focuses on the interdisciplinary of medicine and life science, medicine and engineering, medicine and information science. School is committed to creating new methods, new tools and new avenues to promote medicine development, fostering innovative talents to lead the era of New Medicine, and establishing new areas of Medicine and Health. We sincerely invite outstanding global talents to join us.
To accelerate the development of New Medicine, Health Science and Medical Engineering areas, HIT has established cutting-edge platforms and facilities to support scientific research on Genomics, Protein Science, Precision medicine, Intelligent Medicine and Nanomedicine, including but not limited to:
1. Large-scale genome sequencing and data analysis platform;
2. Cryo-electron microscopy and biomacromolecule analysis platform;
3. Platform for microscopic study of micro-beam irradiated cells;
4. Deep learning platform for large-scale biomedical imaging;
5. Research platform for multimodal bioimaging;
6. Nano-medicine platform and immunotherapy;
7. Instruments and equipment supporting the basic research of nucleic acid, protein, sugar and small molecule biological metabolism;
8. Clinical hospitals supporting translational medicine research
HIT will offer competitive and commensurate salary, counterpart funds, multidisciplinary and innovative work environment to scholars. Accordingly, HIT will consider each scholar’s needs for scientific research in terms of research funds，lab space，and etc.. In addition, HIT will provide additional support for scholars’ scientific research on National talents programs.
Including but not limited to:
New Medicine, Health Science, Medical Engineering and other frontier research areas. Including: Brain Science and Neurological Diseases, Immunology and Immunotherapy, Precise Treatment of Cancer, Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Nanomedicine, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Intelligent Medicine, Digital Medicine, Frontier Biomedical Engineering, etc..
School also sincerely invites excellent scholars to apply for National talents programs
With a broad academic vision and innovative thinking, applicants should have achieved breakthroughs which have international influence in the past five years, and have been recognized by fellow experts and scholars. Applicants should be outstanding scholars with great development potential, and have directed research programs independently.
Applicants should achieve excellent research records, be able to conduct a scientific research independently, and drive a project forward.
1. Applicants should have good personal quality, professional ethics, innovative spirit and team spirit.
2. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in New Medicine Science, Health Science, Medical Engineering, or related areas by the beginning of employment.
3. Applicants' Ph.D. degree should be obtained from cutting-edge universities or research institutes.
4. Applicants should submit a full curriculum vita including a cover letter, and a list covering research interest、published articles and research projects, names and contact information of three references who will provide recommendation letters, a research proposal that describes professional interests and goals in both teaching and research. Application materials in Chinese (English) should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. (Please indicate “Recruitment-School of Medicine and Health, HIT” in the email title.)